MarineTraffic, the Global Ship Tracking Intelligence service, with 6 million unique monthly users, more than 350,000 followers on social media and over 20,000 new registered users per month, is looking for a junior to mid-level Research Project Manager to join a growing research team.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned national and EU funded research projects
- Assist and support the Head of Research in day to day project needs
- Keep track of projects within allotted timelines and budgets
- Monitor project progress regularly and report the same to management and customers
- Address project issues and escalate complex issues to management
- Perform day-to- day management regarding projects and team issues
- Act as primary contact for research project related communications
- Report project progress, status, and issues if any to management and partners on regular basis
- Organise partner meetings to discuss about project status and issues
- Organise and attend research stakeholder meetings
Qualifications & Skills
- Qualification in Management (PMO, MBA etc.).
- At least 3 years of prior experience in a national (e.g. ESPA) or EU funded projects (e.g. FP7, H2020)
- Experience in project grant and contract proposal preparation.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Big Data, Data Analytics and Machine Learning trends.
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills and effort sizing
- Familiarity with Prince 2 or similar project management working approach and project management tools (e.g. MS Project)
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun environment, at a growing company
- Private medical insurance
- Attractive remuneration package
- Continuing Education and training
- Huge learning experience and room for experimentation