HSBC Athens Branch is looking for a Head of Financial Crime Threat Mitigation
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) is a newly established sub function within FCR focusing on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and might face in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. These threats can potentially be complex where transnational investigations are required.
FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective financial crime approach by defining a potential new landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of financial crime.
The job holder is required to ensure the consistent application of the highest Risk management standards. The day to day management of the FCTM function at a country level, representing the function to Lines of Business as well as the Group’s counterparts in industry.
The jobholder is required to work independently, dealing with major issues for which there is no clear cut solution while still being able to provide judgment and clear direction.
- The day to day management of the FCTM function at a country level, representing the function to Lines of Business as well as the Group’s counterparts in industry
- Address a number of issues and requirements in a swift, diligent and accurate manner.
- Operating within a Hub-to-Country model within the function to facilitate the optimal operation of the function in all geographic areas where a financial crime threat mitigation presence is required.
- Interaction with law enforcement, security and regulatory agencies in furtherance of public-private partnerships, as well as on specific investigations of significance.
- Ensuring that the function continuously improves its understanding of the evolving financial crime risks at a country level and that this knowledge is rapidly applied to mitigation activities.
- Communicating and escalating information on the most significant financial crime risk findings to Regional and Global FCTM senior management and senior regional management where applicable to support and facilitate appraisal of the relevant risks and mitigation.
- Actively support and drive intra-regional initiatives to address cross-border financial crime, proactively engaging law enforcement.
- Ensure that FCTM staffing is of the necessary calibre in the key areas of investigation, financial crime subject matter expertise, intelligence acquisition and analysis, data and analytics.
- Create and reinforce a culture of collaboration, trust, professionalism, integrity and urgency in delivery.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field
- At least eight years of experience in a financial services /financial investigations role, with significant Financial Crime Risk, Compliance, or Investigations experience
- Expertise in Greek regulations and financial crime typology
- Ability to manage multiple issues and priorities.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications, investigations, and other findings with both Compliance and Senior Business Management
- Demonstrated judgment and poise in challenging circumstances.
- Highly motivated, proactive, self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within teams and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral) and strong inter-personal and influencing skills.
- An excellent understanding of the investigative and regulatory environment and the ability to interpret regulatory rules
- Works well across a diverse team and is willing to assist others as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working effectively within a large team / collaborating for success.
Interested applicants are invited to submit your Curriculum Vitae in the CV Online application and please quote Job Code: FCTM